Tessa and I finally finished up our first survey of Ancient Egypt. We will pick it up once again in a month or two when we study people, events and things more closely associated with the New Kingdom time period.
My plans were for us to build a pyramid together out of Legos as our project this week, but we ran out of time and by the time we had time, it was time to move on.
- Watched Building the Great Pyramid DVD by the BBC from Netflix.
Quickly noting that there was one discreet sexual innuendo in this documentary but it went way over Tessa head. Also, there was a brief but not-too-intense death scene.
- Looked up and defined HO dictionary word for Lesson 7, Main Lesson.
- Read Who Built the Pyramid? by Meredith Hooper.
- Read The Scarab's Secret by Nick Would.
- Read "Sphinx" (page 4) and "Pyramids" (page 7) from Modern Rhymes About Ancient Times: Ancient Egypt by Susan Altman.
- Completed draw and color.
- Read Mummies, Pyramids and Pharaohs: A Book About Ancient Egypt by Gail Gibbons.
- Read How the Sphinx Got to the Museum by Jessie Hartland.
- Read "The Pyramid Builder" (page 8) from Voices of Egypt by Kay Winters.
- Completed "Ancient Egypt" history pocket ("The Great Pyramid" paper project).
- You Wouldn't Want to Be a Pyramid Builder: A Hazardous Job You'd Rather Not Have - David Salariya
- Look, Find & Learn: World History ("The Mummy's Curse," page 4-5) - Jerry Tiritilli