Wednesday, September 05, 2012

What's Gnu?

Since vacation and then the start of our new school year is sooooo very close now, I have dialed down Tessa's studies to only reading, math and something extra fun each day. Today's "extra fun" was ThinkFun's What's Gnu? game. Played a lot like Thinkfun's ever popular Zingo! game, What's Gnu? helps young players hone their spelling and reading skills. Like See Spot Spell, What's Gnu? takes only a few minutes to play.

Thinkfun What's Gnu?

My only complaint about What's Gnu? is that the letter I tiles have no bars. This frustrates Tessa because she often mistakes them for lowercase letter ls.

Tessa slid the Letter Getter to reveal our next two letter tiles. I made the word "TIP" with the letter "I" tile.
Tessa slid the Letter Getter to reveal our next two letter tiles. I made the word "TIP" with the letter "I" tile. 

Tessa won this round. She filled all five of her Word-Starters cards first.
Tessa won this round. She filled all five of her Word-Starters cards first.

1 comment: