I kept it fairly light since we didn't have a lot of extra time.
- Read Fire! Fire! by Gail Gibbons.
- Read Being Safe with Fire by Susan Kesselring.
- Mapped out a fire safety plan.
- Made "Fire-Truck Cookie" (pg. 21-24) from The Best of The Mailbox: Kids in the Kitchen by The Mailbox. (The recipe is very similar to these...Fire Truck Cookies and Fire Truck Cookie Recipe, except ours just used a swipe of black decorating gel on the side for the "ladder.")
|Tessa made a fire truck cookie from a graham cracker, red-tinted frosting, chocolate sandwich cookie and black decorating gel.|
- Watched Safety Smart Science with Bill Nye the Science Guy: Fire DVD by Disney.
- Read Stop Drop and Roll by Margery Cuyler.
- Practiced "Stop, Drop, and Roll."
- Completed "Be Fire Smart" worksheet (pg. 24) from Big Book of Monthly Reproducibles, Grade 1 by The Mailbox.
- Used our fire safety plan from Monday to complete a fire drill.
This day also fulfilled the third requirement for Tessa's Girl Scout Daisy Safety Award where she is to learn how to "Stop, Drop, and Roll."
|Tessa practiced "Stop, Drop, and Roll" during Fire Prevention Week.|