Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Tula the Tulip (Red), Courageous & Strong Petal

Tessa has drawn pictures to earn her last couple of petals, so I really wanted to do something different for her Tula petal. Part of patch requirements is to learn about a woman who is/was courageous and strong. I chose Helen Keller. I read Tessa a children's book about Helen Keller and then we completed a wonderful free hands-on learning activity that I found at Teachers Pay Teachers. I can't say enough good things about the activity. It was a perfect complement. Tessa loved it so much that she made Daddy do it all over again with her when he got home from work. Since it took both of us at full capacity to complete the activity, I wasn't able to take any pics.



What We Did

 

Growing Girls Scouting Helpers Logo
Looking for more Tula the Tulip petal ideas?

Check out my Story Suitcases - Girl Scout Daisies - "Tula - Red Petal" (Steps 2 & 3) printable scouting helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment