As fun and interesting as the Ancient Egyptians were to study, I'm glad we've moved on. I was starting to feel a bit bogged down by the vastness of material.
This week, we traveled east into the Indus Valley near today's country of India. Like all of the previous civilizations that we've studied, the Indus Valley people settled along rivers. What we found most interesting about the Indus people was their indoor plumbing system. They even had indoor toilets!
Due to the holidays and snowy weather, we weren't able to make it to St. Louis to pick up all of the books desired for this lesson. They are listed as other resources below. We will read them at a later date.
- Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 14-15).
- Completed corresponding Blue House School ancient world worksheets.
- Completed HO map work for Lesson 8, Main Lesson.
- Read "Why build near a river?" (pages 10-11), "Who were the Indus people?" (pages 12-13), "How did they build the cities?" (pages 18-19) and "What was it like inside a house?" (pages 22-23) from Building History: Indus Valley City by Gillian Clements.
- Completed draw and color.