History was refreshingly short and sweet this week. Apparently, there aren't many early elementary resources for Stonehenge and the other stone circles of ancient Europe. The highlight of the week was when Tessa made the connection between Stonehenge and the stone circle featured in Disney's newest princess movie Brave.
- Looked up and defined HO dictionary word for Lesson 9, Main Lesson.
- Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 18-19).
- Completed corresponding Blue House School ancient world worksheets.
Other Resources of Interest
- The Unexplained: Stonehenge - Sean McDaniel
- Brave DVD - Disney-Pixar
- Stonehenge online educational resources - English Heritage (There are several free publications available to print. Two that really caught my eye are the Stonehenge activity sheet and 'Stonehenge Explorer' Backpacks. The latter was designed for students visiting on field trips, but some of it could be adapted for home use.)