Thursday, July 18, 2013

Life Science, Week 32

What Plants Need & Why People Need Plants

Tessa reviewed that plants need food, water and light to grow. She also learned that people need plants for food and oxygen.


Monday
We're to the point in our school term that we're quickly wrapping things up. We already have several ongoing plant experiments in the works, so I opted not to start any new ones. Tessa generally understands the needs of plants, so we talked through the experiments and she made appropriate guesses to what would happen to the plants in each one.

Wednesday
When I don't want to go through the process of creating a bulletin board, I fold a sheet of paper into the appropriate number of parts and have Tessa draw the activity in a similar fashion.

Instead of creating a bulletin board, I had Tessa complete the activity by drawing it out on paper.
Instead of creating a bulletin board, I had Tessa complete the activity by drawing it out on paper.

Thursday
I really wanted to perform the "Plants Make Oxygen" experiment, but I couldn't easily come by a water plant in our area and we aren't visiting a larger city until the end of next week.

Other Books of Interest

No comments:

Post a Comment