Thursday, January 02, 2014

Mari the Marigold (Orange), Responsible for What I Say and Do Petal

Holiday school breaks are great for catching up on patches. Tessa earned three more petals during Christmas break. First up was Mari's petal. I had a hard time coming up with ways to teach and practice this skill. Chore charts seem to be the popular thing, but I didn't want to do that. I ended up quickly designing a paper activity that I must have dreamed up in my sleep, as I thought of it first thing one morning.

Mari the Marigold (Orange), Responsible for What I Say and Do Petal


What We Did

Tessa crumpled a coloring sheet and then attempted to smooth it out. This demonstration illustrated that we are all responsible for what we say and do. Although we may make amends or "fix" something, things will never be exactly as they were before.
Tessa crumpled a coloring sheet and then attempted to smooth it out. This demonstration illustrated that we are all responsible for what we say and do. Although we may make amends or "fix" something, things will never be exactly as they were before.

Tessa made "Responsibility Cupcakes" to show things she is responsible for. On the blank cupcake toppers, she chose to draw that she is responsible for throwing away her candy wrappers and washing her hands to help keep herself and others healthy. She decorated her cupcakes with pom-pom cherries and confetti paper sprinkles.
Tessa made "Responsibility Cupcakes" (this links to a revised and expanded version of this activity) to show things she is responsible for. On the blank cupcake toppers, she chose to draw that she is responsible for throwing away her candy wrappers (we have an issue with this one) and washing her hands to help keep herself and others healthy. She decorated her cupcakes with pom-pom cherries and confetti paper sprinkles.

Growing Girls Scouting Helpers Logo
Looking for more Mari the Marigold petal ideas?

Check out my Responsibility Cupcakes - Girl Scout Daisies - "Mari - Orange Petal" Pk (Step 3) printable scouting helper.

3 comments:

  1. did you ever get the responsibility cupcakes completed for upload?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sorry. My apologies. I usually do a little better, but I'm overextended right now and can't seem to get it done.

      You could use cheap paper plates and half circles for toppers and have the girls draw things they are responsible for on the toppers. The sprinkles are just hole-punched circles.

      Delete
  2. It's taken me over two years, but I finally have a revised and expanded version of "Responsibility Cupcakes" in my new Growing Girls Scouting Helpers Teachers Pay Teachers store.

    https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Responsibility-Cupcakes-Girl-Scout-Daisies-Mari-Orange-Petal-Pk-Step-3-2594015

    It also includes a crumpled heart empathy activity and responsible responses real-life scenario cards.

    Hope everyone enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete