Pacific Ocean Islands
As big fans of white sand beaches and beautiful blue waves, Tessa and I both enjoyed learning a bit about the history of the Pacific Ocean islands. Tessa loved learning about the "big heads" on Easter Island and hopes to visit them one day.
- Read The Usborne Medieval World by Jane Bingham (pages 76-77).
- Completed HO map work for Lesson 33, Main Lesson.
- Read "Stone Giants" from Mysteries of the Past by Alex Simmons.
- Looked at pictures in Easter Island: Giant Stone Statues Tell of a Rich and Tragic Past by Caroline Arnold.
- Read The Day the Stones Walked by T. A. Barron.
- Sculpted a mini "big head" like those found on Easter Island with Crayola Model Magic.
|Tessa created a mini version of the big stone heads found on Easter Island with Crayola Model Magic.|
- Call It Courage - Armstrong Sperry
* HO = History Odyssey