We finished up our survey of the first civilization of Sumer by learning more about Sumerian daily life, their crafts, trade, and King Sargon of Akkad.
- Looked up and defined HO dictionary word for Lesson 3, Main Lesson Part 2.
- Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 8-9).
- Completed corresponding Blue House School ancient world worksheets.
- Listened to Tales from the Arabian Nights audiobook (story of Sheherezade) by Andrew Lang/Tavia Gilbert.
- Completed "Ancient Mesopotamia" history pocket (puppets, and interactive map with model ship).
- Read You Wouldn't Want to Be a Sumerian Salve! by Jacqueline Morley.
- Watched Ancient Civilizations for Children: Ancient Mesopotamia DVD by Schlessinger Media.
- Listened to Tales from the Arabian Nights audiobook (story of Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp) by Andrew Lang/Tavia Gilbert.
|Tessa created Mesopotamian puppets on craft sticks. She also completed an interactive map with model trading ship. By moving the craft stick attached to the back of the ship, she can sail it down the Tigris River to the Persian Gulf.|
- Read Evan-Moor Read and Understand Literature Genres: Myths & Legends, Grades 4-6 "Gilgamesh and Enkidu - Middle Eastern Legend" story sheet from TeacherFileBox.com.
- Completed "Long Robe" from Ancient Egyptians and Their Neighbors: An Activity Guide by Marian Broida.
- Listened to Tales from the Arabian Nights audiobook (story of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves) by Andrew Lang/Tavia Gilbert.
|Tessa in our version of a Mesopotamian long robe.|
* HO = History Odyssey, SOTW = The Story of the World