We have officially kicked off our study of the human body. I haven't counted up the weeks, but we'll be hanging out here for a while...at least a couple of months. Should be fun! Tessa started wanting to learn more about the inner workings of the body at the end of summer. I'm so glad we're finally here. I felt guilty constantly putting her off, saying that we would study it very soon.
- Read I'm Growing! by Aliki.
- Completed Evan-Moor ScienceWorks for Kids: How Your Body Works, Grades 1-3 "Bodies Change as They Grow Older - How Have We Changed?" and "A Book About Me" activities (pages 6-7) from TeacherFileBox.com.
|Tessa created an accordion book that highlights how she has grown and changed over the years.|
- Watched Bill Nye the Science Guy: Life Cycles DVD by Disney.
- Read Scholastic Discover More: See Me Grow by Penny Arlon.
- Read The Growing-Up Tree by Vera Rosenberry.
- Completed Evan-Moor ScienceWorks for Kids: How Your Body Works, Grades 1-3 "Bodies Change as They Grow Older - Human Life Cycles" and "Other Life Cycles" activities (page 8, minus growth-record booklet) from TeacherFileBox.com.
Other Books of Interest