Saturday, February 09, 2013

Ancient History, Week 14

The Mycenaeans & the Trojan Horse

Tessa's falling hard for Greek myths. She just can't seem to get enough of last week's story and The Minotaur and this week's Trojan Horse, so I tried to find as many versions of the stories as possible to tide her over to her next obsession.


Tuesday
  • Looked up and defined HO dictionary word for Lesson 11, Main Lesson.
  • Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 24-27).
  • Completed draw and color.

Wednesday

Friday
While researching Trojan Horse crafts on the internet, I came across pics of an awesome paper craft created for the release of a Nintendo game called "Glory of Heracles" from a few years back. The instructions for it were linked from the game's site at one time, but apparently no longer. I couldn't come up with the instructions myself, but another homeschooling mom from a forum I frequent tracked them down for me. So they won't get sucked into the proverbial black hole once gain, I copied them over to my Google Drive account. Ultimately, I decided on the lesser, more age-appropriate Trojan Horse paper craft listed above for Tessa. I'm saving the Nintendo version for the next (or even the third) go around of Ancients.

Download Nintendo "Glory of Heracles" Trojan Horse Paper Craft.

Tessa's completed Trojan Horse paper craft. She colored it and then helped put the wheels on. I did the cutting and most of the assembly to save on time and frustration.
Tessa's completed Trojan Horse paper craft. She colored it and then helped put the wheels on. I did the cutting and most of the assembly to save on time and frustration.

 Other Resources of Interest

* HO = History Odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment