Somehow I came up short on books again, so I condensed our study of the muscular system to one day.
- Tessa read Our Muscles by Charlotte Guillain during reading.
- Read Your Muscles and Bones (muscles section only, pages 16-25) by Anita Ganeri.
- Completed Evan-Moor ScienceWorks for Kids: How Your Body Works, Grades 1-3 "Muscles Help the Body Move" activities and mini-book (pages 75-76) from TeacherFileBox.com.
- Completed RSO Muscle Lab #1: Muscles Aren't Pushy (paper model for demonstrative purposes only).
- Completed Teacher Created Resources My Body by Patty Carratello "My Muscles" (pages 22-24) activity.
- Explored Leapfrog Tag Interactive Human Body Discovery Pack "Your Muscular System" section.
- Watched The Magic School Bus: Human Body DVD ("Flexes Its Muscles" episode) by Scholastic from Netflix.
|Tessa peeled back the skin of a raw chicken leg to get a closer look at its muscles and tendons. Afterward, I broke the leg bone in half so she could view the marrow inside.|
- Completed remaining parts of Teacher Created Resources My Body by Patty Carratello..."My Kidneys, My Bladder" (pages 11-12), "My Spleen, My Pancreas, My Gall Bladder" (pages 13-16), "My Reproductive Organs" (pages 17-18) and "My Face" (page 38) activities.
|Tessa's completed "My Body" body. We attached some pieces with brads so we could move them to reveal the organs underneath.|
* RSO = R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey