Since wall space is a premium for us, I wanted our decorations to be mostly educational. After a good bit of searching, I finally churned up some Medieval Times and geology cut-outs that fit the bill. I plan to leave up the history decor all year and swap out the rocks and minerals decor for weather and then space decor later.
Some of my favorite things from the supply catalogs are the learning charts. But, boy are they ever huge! So, I designed a much more appropriately-sized vowels chart myself.
Our Schoolroom Decor
- Edupress Medieval Times Bulletin Board Set
- Trend Enterprises Rocks & Minerals Mini Bulletin Board Set
- Blue House School Vowels - Charts & Sorting Mats
- Carson-Dellosa Celebrate with Moose & Friends Bulletin Board Set
- Carson-Dellosa Moose & Friends Cut-Outs
- Carson-Dellosa Boho Lettering
- Pacon Fadeless Paper Roll - Violet
* Some of these items were hard to come by, but I found a surprising, great source. Drum roll here...Staples.com! While Staples doesn't carry a lot of teacher supplies in their brick-and-mortar stores, they have an impressive array online. Way better than Amazon. Gasp! And, here's the really great part. Shipping is free with no minimum order when you sign up for their free Staples Rewards program.
|I decorated our primary school space with Medieval and geology bulletin board sets. Since most bulletin board sets are designed for the huge bulletin boards you find in tradition schools, I had to get creative. My Blue House School vowels chart is above the globe. Our Better Binders are all ready to go too on the bookshelf.|
|The Celebrate With Moose & Friends Bulletin Board Set was Tessa's most favorite find from the school supply catalogs. She'll swap out the moose's antlers and other accents for more festive ones every holiday. Unfortunately, the first holiday Carson-Dellosa supplied decorations for is Halloween, so I bought some inexpensive letters and matching animal friends cut-outs to tide us over until then. It's hard to see, but the squirrel is holding Tessa's name. She liked that.|