There are so many wonderful picture books available about Ancient China that I wish we could take more time to read them all. In order to wrap up our school year in a somewhat timely fashion, I have limited our studies to two short weeks. In an attempt to squeeze a few more in, we will be reading some books as bedtime stories.
- Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 60-61).
- Completed HO map work for Lesson 24, Main Lesson.
- Completed "Ancient China" history pocket (student booklet and words to know).
- Read Lion Dancer: Ernie Wan's Chinese New Year by Kate Waters.
- Read Bringing in the New Year by Grace Lin.
- Completed "Ancient China" history pocket ("Dancing Dragon").
- Read The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack at bedtime.
|Tessa colored, pasted and then cut a tail from red construction paper for her "Dancing Dragon" paper craft.|
|Tessa's completed "Dancing Dragon" tells of Chinese New Year customs.|
- Read The Empress and the Silkworm by Lily Toy Hong.
- Read The Empty Pot by Demi.
- Read Yeh-Shen: A Cinderella Story from China by Ai-Ling Louie.
* HO = History Odyssey