Friday, June 01, 2012

Number Line for Singapore Math 1A 3.3.1 Lesson & Game

Here's a number line I created for the Singapore Math 1A 3.3.1 lesson and game. (3.3.1 = Unit 3, Chapter 3, Lesson 1, which is on page 30 of the Singapore Math Primary Mathematics 1A STD ED Home Instructor's Guide.)

For the number line game, I had Tessa choose a Squinkies figure the night before without telling her why. (I like to keep her in suspense. Makes school more fun that way.) I was thinking a critter would be good, but no, she chose Ariel in her wedding dress. I pretty much had to choose Eric for myself then. So much for the cute little green dog with spots I had my eye on. I covered a blank die with pieces of cut up file folder labels and wrote +1, +2 and +3 on them. Sticking them on a regular die would probably work just as well.



Number Line for Singapore Math 1A 3.3.1 Lesson & Game
Number Line for Singapore Math 1A 3.3.1 Lesson & Game

Download Number Line for Singapore Math 1A 3.3.1 Lesson & Game.

The game directions technically call for a 0-10 number line, but including the zero forced the number line to be too small for an 11" x 8.5" sheet of paper. It's easy enough to set the counters/game pieces before the one and play that way.

Ariel and Eric get ready to hop down the number line.
Ariel and Eric prepare to hop down the number line.

No comments:

Post a Comment