Short week for history this week. We didn't dive too deeply into Ancient Egyptian gods due to the lack of good readily available picture books, but the subject matter was too much to weave into last week's lessons.
- Watched Ancient Civilizations for Children: Ancient Egypt DVD by Schlessinger Media.
This video isn't really about Ancient Egyptian gods but we couldn't fit it in last week.
- Looked up and defined HO dictionary word for Lesson 6, Main Lesson Part 2.
- Read "The God-Kings" (pages 14-15) and "Land of the Gods" (pages 16-17) from National Geographic Kids: Everything Ancient Egypt by Crispin Boyer.
- Read "Ra the Shining One" (pages 6-9) from Egyptian Myths by Jacqueline Morley.
- Read "Isis" (page 24) and "Amun" (page 29) from Modern Rhymes About Ancient Times: Ancient Egypt by Susan Altman.