And, so begins our month-long study of Ancient Greece. History Odyssey schedules three weeks, but I am adding an extra week just to read Greek myths and other popular Greek literature. This week, we hit on Sparta, the Battle of Marathon and the history of the first marathon. Next week, we will study daily life.
- Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 50-51).
- Completed HO map work for Lesson 20, Main Lesson.
- Read A True Book: Ancient Greece by Sandra Newman.
- Completed "Ancient Greece" history pocket (words to know).
- Read The First Marathon: The Legend of Pheidippides by Susan Reynolds.
- Read "The Battle of Marathon" (page 10) and "Childhood in Sparta" (page 30) from Modern Rhymes About Ancient Times: Ancient Greece by Susan Altman.
- Read Pegasus by Marianna Mayer.
- Read Cupid and Psyche by M. Charlotte Craft.
* HO = History Odyssey