Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter 2013

I have resigned myself to the thought that maybe holiday lessons really are more about fun than true learning. Duh, right? I am finding that Tessa is just too excited to do her absolute best thinking or handwriting on these days, so I'm going to need to adjust my expectations in the future to avoid disappointment on my part. I am still trying to figure out just how many holiday activities are enough too. I thought what I had planned for Easter was a good amount, but we ran nearly four hours from start to finish! That's a long day for us.

Wow, that sounds so bad. It wasn't...just a thought that I had afterward. On a positive note, we absolutely loved The Easter Egg by Jan Brett Story Study by Little Red's Schoolhouse. It's comprehensive, fun, features super cute artwork and very professional all around. Little Red's Schoolhouse sells other literature studies as well. Might be worth a look, if you're in the market for such a thing.

The Easter Egg - Jan Brett


Reading
I forgot to pick up an Easter-themed early reader for Tessa, but I found Snow Rabbit, Spring Rabbit by Il Sung Na in Kindle format via our library's eMedia site that fit well enough. I loved that it is a real book. Tessa thought it was cool she could read a book on my Kindle.


Math

Tessa solved math problems and then colored by number to reveal the mystery picture.
Tessa solved math problems and then colored by number to reveal the mystery picture.

While playing Bunny Bump, Tessa happily bumped one of my markers off the board.
While playing Bunny Bump, Tessa happily bumped one of my markers off the board.

Literature Study

As part of "The Easter Egg by Jan Brett Story Study," Tessa collected as many letter egg shapes as she could in a minute and then constructed words with them.
As part of "The Easter Egg by Jan Brett Story Study," Tessa collected as many letter egg shapes as she could in a minute and then constructed words with them. 

Just for Fun

Tessa's "Just For Fun" Easter packet.
Tessa's "Just For Fun" Easter packet.

Inside the packet.

Tessa's completed "Build A Chick and Egg!" Lego creation.
Tessa's completed "Build A Chick and Egg!" Lego creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment