There are so many wonderful Greek myths that we added a week just to read and listen to as many as possible. We also read several of Aesop's Fables. As a result, Tessa has totally turned into a Greek mythology nut. I'm thrilled. We didn't learn any of this during my time in public school and it's good stuff. It doesn't make sense. So much from our modern American lives is derived from the ancient Greeks! I had no idea. More and more, I feel such injustice for my child self and all of America's youth who are currently in the public school system.
Monday - Friday
- Read The McElderry Book of Greek Myths by Eric A. Kimmel.
- Read The McElderry Book of Aesop's Fables by Michael Morpurgo.
- Listened to Greek Myths audiobook by Ann Turnbull. (Tessa also looked at the pictures from the print version as she listened.)
- Watched Hercules DVD by Disney from Netflix.
Other Resources of Interest
- Tales from the Odyssey: Audio Collection - Mary Pope Osborne