Evan-Moor doesn't offer an age-appropriate ScienceWorks book for weather, so I am drafting my own lessons for this segment of Earth Science with the help of The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3. It provides a great selection of experiments, demonstrations, paper activities, etc., but no actual lessons or schedules. So far, it's working out well and Tessa is enjoying it...just takes a little more planning time on my part.
First up was the water cycle. Having studied this before, Tessa already had a pretty good handle on the basics and components of the water cycle, so we focused on expanding her science vocabulary and zeroing in on details.
- Read What Is Weather? by Ellen Lawrence.
- Read What Is the Water Cycle? by Ellen Lawrence.
- Completed The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3 "The Water Cycle: An Itsy-Bitsy Water Cycle" (page 6).
- Watched Bill Nye the Science Guy: Water Cycle DVD by Disney.
- Read A Drop Around the World by Barbara McKinney.
- Completed The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3 "The Water Cycle: Watching the Water Cycle" (page 4).