Studying the ancient Hebrews turned out to be more of a study of popular stories from the Old Testament. Although I was hoping for Tessa to learn more about the daily life of the ancient Hebrews, we still enjoyed these adaptations. Tessa particularly liked the detailed pictures, as the artwork in the children's Bibles we read from tend to be a little cliché.
- Looked up and defined HO dictionary word for Lesson 15, Main Lesson Part 2.
- Read Usborne: Ancient World by Fiona Chandler (pages 38-39).
- Read The Coat of Many Colors by Jenny Koralek.
- Completed draw and color.
- Watched Joseph: King of Dreams DVD by Dreamworks from Netflix.
- Read The Moses Basket by Jenny Koralek.
- Read Moses: The Long Road to Freedom by Ann Keay Beneduce.
- Watched The Prince of Egypt DVD by Dreamworks from Netflix.
- Read David and Goliath by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers.
- Read David and Goliath by Jean Marzollo.
- Completed "A Sling and Some Stones" from Old Testament Days: An Activity Guide by Nancy I. Sanders.
|Tessa and I crafted a David and Goliath-style slingshot from a piece of felt and a shoestring. Tessa used cotton balls as stones.|
|Tessa tested out her new slingshot. She quickly realized she would need a lot more practice to be as good as David.|
Other Resources of Interest
- Exodus from Egypt - Mary Auld