I have never been much into St. Patrick's Day, but like I said, I made a vow. So, here is what I have planned. We'll celebrate March 15 since St. Patrick's Day falls on Sunday this year. Now, time to get working on Easter.
Update: I may have been a weeeeeeeeee bit ambitious in my holiday planning. I misjudged how long some of the activities would take, so I had to weed a few of the lesser coloring-intensive activities out as we plugged along. The asterisked items are the activities Tessa completed (not including "Just For Fun"). Brennan's Irish Soda Bread was delicious, by the way!
- Have Tessa read It's St. Patrick's Day! by Rebecca Gomez.*
- Complete I Spy St. Patrick's Day Words by Teach With Laughter.*
- Complete "Real or Nonsense," "Ai or Ay" and "Oa or Ow" from St. Patty's Day Printables from Michelle Hudgeons.* ("Real or Nonsense" and "Ai or Ay" only.)
|Tessa used a magnifying glass to search for hidden St. Patrick's Day words. She carefully copied them onto a record sheet as her handwriting lesson for the day. She really got a kick out this. Never have I seen her so eager to complete handwriting.|
- Complete "True or False" and "Odd or Even" from St. Patty's Day Printables by Michelle Hudgeons.
- Complete Skittle Math - Pot of Gold by Lory Evans.*
|Tessa and I absolutely loved this Skittles math. It was perfect for St. Patrick's Day. For one part of the lesson, Tessa used her Skittles to measure her crayon box. She also estimated, sorted, charted, created patterns and more with her Skittles.|
- Read St. Patrick's Day by Gail Gibbons.*
- Read St. Patrick's Day in the Morning by Eve Bunting.*
- Find Ireland on the globe.*
- Make Brennan's Irish Soda Bread from AllRecipes.com.*
|After watching the "Roy G. Biv" video by They Might Be Giants, Tessa used Froot Loops to create a rainbow. She was careful to put the colors in the correct order.|
- Watch "Roy G. Biv" music video by They Might Be Giants via YouTube.*
Just for Fun
- "Color by Sight Word" from St. Patty's Day Printables - Michelle Hudgeons
- Magic Tree House #43: Leprechaun in Late Winter audiobook - Mary Pope Osborne
- "Saint Patrick's Day Dot-to-Dot" - Education.com
- "St. Patrick's Day Maze" - Education.com
- "St. Patrick's Day Maze: Help the Leprechaun!" - Education.com
- "St. Patrick's Day Word Search #1" - Education.com
- A Saint Patrick's Day Story: Leprechaun #2 craft - Perler Beads