Lots of yummy resources available for the digestive system! Tessa's totally into learning how her body works. Want to know what happens to a piece of food after you eat it? She's your girl!
- Watched Bill Nye the Science Guy: Digestion DVD by Disney.
- Read Blastoff Readers: The Digestive System by Kay Manolis.
- Read What Happens to a Hamburger? by Paul Showers.
- Completed Evan-Moor ScienceWorks for Kids: How Your Body Works, Grades 1-3 "The Body Digests Food for Energy - What Happens to the Food We Eat?" activity (page 47) from TeacherFileBox.com.
|After chewing a piece of apple to start the digestive process, Tessa watched as I blended the rest of the apple with a little water in my Vitamix to illustrate how food turns into mush in our stomachs.|
- Tessa read Our Stomachs by Charlotte Guillain during reading.
- Read Gurgles and Growls: Learning About Your Stomach by Pamela Hill Nettleton.
- Read The Quest to Digest by Mary K. Corcoran.
- Completed Evan-Moor ScienceWorks for Kids: How Your Body Works, Grades 1-3 "The Body Digests Food for Energy - Food to Energy" activity, worksheet and mini-book (page 48) from TeacherFileBox.com.
- Completed Teacher Created Resources My Body by Patty Carratello "My Stomach" (pages 25-26), "My Small and Large Intestines" (pages 27-29), and "My Liver" (pages 30-31) activities. ("My Pancreas" and "My GallBladder," which are both on pages 14-15, could be completed as well, but it was too much for one day. We may complete them next week.)
- Explored Leapfrog Tag Interactive Human Body Discovery Pack "Your Digestive System" section.
Other Resources of Interest