Tessa continued on with her studies from last week. This time, she learned a bit of the daily life and tales of the Arab world.
- Read The Usborne Medieval World by Jane Bingham (pages 10-11).
- Read Joha Makes A Wish: A Middle Eastern Tale by Eric A. Kimmel.
- Practiced writing Arabic numbers for Lesson 6, Main Lesson.
- Read Tunjur! Tunjur! Tunjur!: A Palestinian Folktale by Alik Arzoumanian at bedtime.
- Listened to "Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor" from Tales from the Arabian Nights: Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves and Other Stories audiobook read by Toby Stephens.
- Looked at pictures from The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor by James Riordan while listening to audiobook.
- Watched Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas DVD by Dreamworks.
Dreamworks's version of Sinbad isn't particularly true to the original version (hardly at all, really), so afterward I had Tessa verbally compare and contrast this version with the audiobook version from yesterday.
* HO = History Odyssey