Tessa enjoyed many hands-on activities while studying wind this week. She also made the pinwheel featured on Bill Nye the Science Guy on her own.
- Read What Is Wind? by Robin Johnson.
- Read The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins.
- Completed The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3 "Wind: Creating Artificial Wind" (page 20).
- Watched Bill Nye the Science Guy: Wind DVD by Disney.
- Read The Magic School Bus Rides the Wind by Anne Capeci.
- Completed The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3 "Wind: Windy Matchup" (page 22).
- Completed "Wind Vane for Kids" from education.com. (There is a weather vane activity in The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3, but I liked this one better.)
|We quickly ran outside to test our weather vane. Luckily, the day was breezy and it worked!|
- Read Feel the Wind by Arthur Dorros.
- Completed The Mailbox Investigating Weather, Grades 1-3 "Wind: Wonderful Windsocks" (page 23).
|The day was mild and there was a nice breeze, so Tessa had a wonderful time flying her windsock like a kite. It work well when we hung it on a post to tell wind direction too!|
- Tessa read Wind by Marion Dane Bauer during reading.