Pilgrimages and The Crusades & Richard the Lionhearted and Robin Hood
Stuck to the classics (or rather versions of) for these two lessons. I considered making a bow and arrow set as a craft with Tessa, but we already have Merida's bow (from Brave) and a Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow hanging about. I will say Tessa really liked reading about Robin Hood, though. It always amazes me how much she loves the classics. Sometimes, I think she understands them better than I do. She enjoys them more for sure! At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she chooses to study either literature or history in college.
Lesson 18 - Pilgrimages and The Crusades
- Read The Usborne Medieval World by Jane Bingham (pages 37, 42-43).
- Completed HO map work for Lesson 18, Main Lesson.
- Geoffrey Chaucer: Canterbury Tales - Barbara Cohen (We ended up abandoning this book. Tessa said she liked it, but I didn't care for the subject matter at her age.)
- Read The Usborne Medieval World by Jane Bingham (pages 45).
- Read Robin Hood And The Golden Arrow by Robert D. San Souci.
- Robin Hood - Paul Creswick
* HO = History Odyssey