Saturday, December 14, 2013

Medieval Times, Lessons 16 & 17

The Christian Church & Medieval Architecture

I really hate that I have been having such a hard time coming up with additional literature for our latest lessons. I feel like we're not covering subjects well enough. There's not much to be done about it, though, since resources are so few and far between. Seriously? No one can write a children's picture book about stained glass? (If I were on a chat board, I would insert one of those confused smileys right about here.)

Sometime, I would like to take Tessa on a tour of a big cathedral. We'll be driving through downtown St. Louis soon, so I plan to point out examples of stained glass and gargoyles then. I know Tessa will get a kick out of finding gargoyles. It will be like a real-life search-and-find.


Lesson 16 - The Christian Church

Lesson 17 - Medieval Architecture

While not the absolute best example of how stained-glass windows are made, I thought these holiday Makit & Bakit ornaments fit the bill well enough for Tessa's age. She hadn't done any of these before, so it was a neat experience for her. Plus, it doubled as a holiday craft.
While not the absolute best example of how stained-glass windows are made, I thought these holiday Makit & Bakit ornaments fit the bill well enough for Tessa's age. She hadn't done any of these before, so it was a neat experience for her. Plus, it doubled as a holiday craft.

* HO = History Odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment