I laid out what we did a little differently than usual. The resources listed below are the ones we used to fulfill the requirements of the Daisy Safety Award. These requirements may also be found on page 21 of The Daisy Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting.
Daisy Safety Award
Learn how to stay safe on your Daisy adventures! When you do, you'll earn this important award. Do these three steps to earn the award:
1. Understand what to do if you get lost. Know your phone number, address, and who it's safe to ask for help (police officer, teacher, person in charge).
- "My Phone Number" - education.com
- Pony bead phone number bracelet (Number beads can be found on Amazon or craft stores.)
- "What's Your Address?" - education.com
|Tessa used the "My Phone Number" worksheet from education.com to help her learn my cell phone number in case she ever gets lost. She also practiced dialing it on a toy phone.|
- "Choking" - KidsHealth.org
3. Learn how to do "Stop, Drop, and Roll" if your clothing catches on fire.
- Stop Drop and Roll - Margery Cuyler
- "Know When to Stop, Drop, and Roll" - National Fire Prevention Association, nfpa.org
|Tessa learned to "Stop, Drop, and Roll" during Fire Prevention Week back in October. She showed me again today that she remembered how to do it. She also sorted cards from the "Know When to Stop, Drop, and Roll" lesson above to display that she knows exactly when she should Stop, Drop, and Roll.|
Check out my Growing Girls Girl Scout Brownies - "First Aid" Activity Pack Bundle - All 5 Steps! printable scouting helper.